Moving to a new place can be challenging. For starters, there’s the emotional turmoil of leaving behind a place you’ve become familiar with. There’s also the practical challenge of moving your furniture. While the emotional aspect of it is up to you to sort out, the furniture moving challenge is best left to professional furniture movers to handle. Sure, there’s no reason why you can’t do it without hiring professional furniture movers in Auckland, but there will be several inconveniences involved.
In this post, we’ll take a closer look at the pros and cons of hiring professional furniture movers services and going down the DIY route. Hopefully, by the end of the post, it’ll be clear to you as to why it’s in everyone’s best interests to hire professional furniture movers. So, without any further delays, let’s get right into it!
DIY furniture removal: The pros and cons
You may already be thinking that this is a biased post, as we’ve already mentioned that it’s better to hire professional movers for moving furniture. However, the truth is that in some circumstances, DIY moving can work just as well. For instance, if you own a pickup truck or any other vehicle and have limited furniture to move, you can make multiple back-and-forth trips to move everything. DIY furniture moving has some other pros as well, such as:
- Flexibility: If you can manage to move all your furniture by yourself, it will offer you a lot of flexibility. You can move when you want, and how you want. However, if you hire professionals, you’ll have to stick to a schedule.
- Saving money: When you have all the resources required to move your furniture to a new place, you can do things by yourself without spending any extra money on professional movers – Auckland furniture movers. So, if saving money during moving is a priority, you should definitely consider going DIY.
However, these are the only two pros of moving your furniture by yourself. The following cons tend to outweigh the pros:
- Injury risks: If you’re lifting heavy furniture but aren’t aware of the proper techniques, there’s a high chance that you’ll end up injured. The last thing you’d want when moving your things is to get hurt, right?
- Potential damage to furniture: Not all furniture is resilient – some are fragile. If you don’t know how to move fragile items properly, you’re likely to end up damaging them due to improper packaging.
So, even though there are certain pros of DIY furniture moving, we advise you to steer clear of it. After all, you wouldn’t want to injure yourself and/or damage your valuable furniture just to save some money and enjoy a little bit of flexibility, right?
Furniture removals through professionals: The pros and cons
Now that you know all the pros and cons of DIY furniture moving, it’s time to shift our attention towards getting your furniture moved by professionals. Let’s get started with the pros:
- Expert handling of furniture: Professional movers know all about the techniques involved in moving furniture around. Even when it comes to moving the heaviest pieces of furniture, the professionals can do the job without injuring themselves or damaging the furniture.
- Efficiency: The professionals have been helping people to move for ages, and this experience counts for a lot. So, if it’s efficiency you want, it makes sense to reach out to professional movers. They’ll make sure that the entire moving process happens rapidly. The professionals are also armed with vehicles that allow them to transport a lot of heavy furniture at once.
- Help with setting up at your new place: The work of professional furniture movers also involves helping clients with placing furniture at the desired spots in the new locations. Sure, it’ll be up to you to fine-tune the placement of the furniture. However, half your work will be done if the furniture is placed where you want it.
The only negative that can be associated with professional furniture movers is that hiring them will require money. While you may see this as a con if you’re in a tight spot financially, in the long run, it’s well worth it. Imagine saving some money trying to do it all by yourself and then damaging either yourself or your furniture – it doesn’t make for a smooth experience, right?
Get started today! With Professional Furniture Movers
So, to conclude this post, we’d just like to say that whenever you have to move from your old place to a new one in Auckland, get in touch with professional furniture movers. Easy Move Furniture Removals is one of the furniture removal companies in Auckland to have made a lasting impression on clients. The folks at Auckland Suburbs are attentive listeners and can cater to clients’ requirements by providing custom solutions. They also offer some of the most competitive rates, which means that you don’t have to spend a fortune to get your furniture to a new location.