Kerikeri is a long way from Auckland but not too far from Bay of Island to Whangarei. If you’re making the move and worried about settling in, don’t. There are many who’ve made the transition and absolutely loved it. Kerikeri is surrounded by picturesque locations all within an hour’s drive and if you miss friends back in Auckland, they are a 4 hour drive way.
If you’re looking to find reliable furniture movers to transport your possessions from Auckland to Kerikeri, here are 6 steps to finding one.
- Word of Mouth: Speaking highly of a service from past experience is the truest appreciation. When it comes to long distance moving, ask friends for recommendations on trustworthy movers. An average household makes a move at least once. Chances are someone in the family or a friend hired a service which impressed them. You need a service like that- one which will take personal care of your belongings. If you were to find one on your own, there are too many unfamiliar options, each with a different quotation. If your friends or family are as clueless as you, turn to social media for recommendations. There are good Samaritans who don’t hesitate from sharing their views. A simple post like, “Looking for a trusted furniture mover, help” will get you leads. There is no dearth of professional movers in Auckland.
- Arrange for an in-house visit: So, you’ve got a few recommendations and it’s now time to choose. Invite the shortlisted movers home to give you a quote after assessing the furniture load. It goes without saying that you invite each at a different time. A personal meeting like this also gives a chance to ask clear any doubts you have. Sometimes, more than a recommendation, a gut instinct judges the credibility of a mover. A personal meeting offers a chance to assess the mover. A lot is revealed when a mover talks about the services they offer. Seasoned movers are clear in what they offer and understand customer needs. Beginner’s, on the other hand, fumble and lack confidence. A personal visit is also the right time to enquire about the number of helpers involved, the packaging material they use and the mode of transportation.
- Compare and choose: Compare tangibles like cost estimate, previous experience and make an informed decision. If there are any extra-services offered, they are definite brownie-points. Extra services could include dismantling and re-fixing furniture pieces and transport of special items like a piano or a pool table. Also, enquire if the company offers temporary storage facilities. Most established movers offer to hold large items in a temporary storage for a small fee.
- Read service reviews: Once you’ve narrowed down a few movers and are left impressed by their communication skills, it is time to look for dirty linen. Every good mover has a website. Log on to their site and look for reviews. Past experience is an accurate litmus test. Customers are honest reviewers. Choose a company which has the best customer rating and reviews. The latest reviews are the ones you must pay attention to.
- Business accreditation: All business relationships are founded on trust. When you hire a mover, you trust them to safe guard and move all your personal belongings from one place to another without your supervision. While most movers take responsibility to safely move furniture, they also advice that you move the valuables, yourself.
- Only trust an expert: Trust not just any mover, but a professional with years of invaluable experience and expertise. The main goal of the search must be to find a reliable mover who offers a competitive price. All movers advertise as being the best in the industry and offer unbelievable prices. After you’ve reviewed the quote, check if the company is cleared by the NZ department of Transportation or if it’s recognized, at the very least. Know your rights as the customer should there be any damage to the goods during transportation.
We at Easy Move Furniture Removals are trusted for our efficient services of furniture removal and packaging. We have a skilled team which has successfully moved furniture from Auckland to Kaitaia, Kerikeri and other places. Our area of specialization is in commercial and domestic removal. We also offer the complete package making your move easy and comfortable. Contact us for a free quote. We operate from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm, seven days a week.