Have you been thinking of moving to Tauranga to escape the stress, crowd, and traffic of Auckland? If yes, then you are one of many people who are now moving out of Auckland for better quality of life and less stress from work and traffic. Tauranga seems to be a favorite among those looking at moving out of Auckland, and this means that there are a lot of movers in Tauranga and Auckland that are affordable and good. Here’s everything you need to know to make up your mind about moving to Tauranga from Auckland.
Why move to Tauranga from Auckland?
If you are still confused about moving to Tauranga, here are a few points to consider:
- More affordable living: Being a smaller city, the property rates in Tauranga are much lower than Auckland, with sweeping views of the sea and mountains to boast. If you wish to buy a house, being in Tauranga actually makes it affordable and possible to buy property. Movers in Tauranga are also more affordable than movers in Auckland.
- Less crowded and busy: Smaller cities, such as Tauranga, have the advantage of time and space. There is a lot of space because there are fewer people. It means that you spend less time in traffic and more time with family and friends. Less crowd also means less stress during work and commute.
- Better for an active lifestyle: If you like being near the ocean and wish to have an active lifestyle, Tauranga is a great place to be. There are a lot of water- and mountain-related sports activities to indulge in, and the slower pace of life means that you can do a lot more in a day in Tauranga than in Auckland.
- Better for families with small kids: The quality of life is great for young kids as there is more freedom for play and exploration in Tauranga. Being able to spend more time with family and meeting people also means that you get to bond better with your kids, help them with studies, and play with them.
Options for moving from Auckland to Tauranga
If you have decided to move to Tauranga, the next step is to find movers in Auckland to transport all your belongings safely to Tauranga.
- Packers and movers in Auckland: If you have a lot of belongings, do not know how to pack well for moving, or do not have the time to pack everything on your own, hiring a moving company is a great idea. Although they cost more than some other moving options, they will do all the work for you, from packing everything right for transport to unpacking and setting up your new home in Tauranga. If you want a smooth and hassle-free move, then hiring movers from Tauranga or Auckland is your best bet.
- Backload moving with movers from Tauranga: If you do not have the budget for packers and movers but still need those services, you should consider backloading with movers from Tauranga. Backload moving refers to hiring vehicles that are going back to Tauranga empty. They are relatively cheaper and provide the same services that most moving companies offer. Although this might take a bit of effort, you can get in touch with movers from Tauranga and book one that can backload your belongings to Tauranga.
- Specialized movers in Auckland and Tauranga: This is an option you should consider if you have delicate items like crystal and glass showpieces, artwork, or antique items to move.
- Man with a van: This is a good option mainly for people living and moving alone and those who do not have a lot of belongings to move. The main reasons being that such services usually have smaller vehicles and you will have no help in packing, unpacking, loading, and unloading all your belongings during the move. You can look for two-man trucks instead for budget moving options from Auckland to Tauranga.
Tips for making the move to Tauranga the right way
- If you work in a niche profession, do you research by going online and visiting Tauranga a few times to ensure there are good jobs for you before you move.
- If you are a professional working for yourself, ensure that you build a network in Tauranga before moving, so you can continue working after the move.
- Although rent and mortgage are lower in Tauranga than in Auckland, jobs can, at times, be difficult to find, so have a job in hand before moving.
If you plan it well, moving to Tauranga can be a great decision for you and your family. The lifestyle is laid back, commute is easy, and homes are affordable, and if you can find a job for yourself that you like, life in Tauranga can be relaxed and blissful.